Robbinsdale Academy - Highview offers a full curriculum for students who are are ages 15-21 years old (grades 9 through 12). We have a smaller, unique, more personal environment for students who find it difficult to function within a larger school environment. Our teachers and staff give individualized, self-paced work with expectations geared toward ability levels and opportunities for success through flexibility and choices.
- 5-Day Week Program Hour-long classes that run from 7:20 am to 2:00 pm
- A less structured setting, where students must be self-directed to succeed.
- Academic counseling to help students with attendance and credit progression.
- Academic coursework, life skills training, career planning, work experience and courses at Hennepin Technical College, North Hennepin Community College and Minneapolis Community and Technical College.
- A home high school diploma upon completion of the home school requirements.Community building activities, field trips, speakers and mini-courses. Continuous enrollment throughout the school year.
- Bus transportation for students who live within Robbinsdale School District 281. Setting I special education services.
- 8 English Credits
- 8 Social Studies Credits
- 6 Math Credits
- 6 Science Credits
- 2 Physical Education
- 1 Health Credit
- 13 Elective Credits
Robbinsdale Academy-Highview does not offer
- ESL Services
- Full-time Counseling Services
- Full-time Related Services (OT, PT, DAPE, etc.)
- Curriculum below the 5th-6th grade reading level
How to Apply
Robbinsdale Academy does not operate on a semester system, therefore students have the ability to start throughout the school year. If you are interested in attending Robbinsdale Academy, please call with any questions you may have and follow the application process outlined below:
- Student or family calls Robbinsdale Academy (763-504-8385) to schedule an appointment to attend an Informational Meeting. Information meetings are based on the availability of school administrators.
- Student make an appointment with their home school counselor to gather credit and transcript information.
- Special Education students must have their case manager(s) call Kerrie Adams at 763-504-8705 before initiating step 1.